Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Snow



I have to admit, when I woke up this morning and saw the ground dusted with snow, and more of it falling from the sky, my first thoughts were not happy or grateful. No, they were more along the lines of - how much more of this can we take? I am completely ready for spring. Ready to be able to walk outside without boots and a toque. Ready to teach my girl about grass and bugs and sun protection!

However, it quickly dawned on me that even though it is snowing, I am safe and warm inside my home, and I still have plenty to be thankful for today. So this is an exercise in choosing to be grateful and filled with joy rather than focusing on the negative.

Today I am thankful for...

  • My home. That we are not homeless or nomads, needing to endure the elements all day and night. I am thankful to be inside and warm
  • My family. My husband and daughter are sources of joy that do not leave me whatever the season
  • Maternity Leave. Today I am thankful to live in a country that allows me to be home for a year with my baby. It is such a huge blessing.
  • God's presence. That he comes alongside me when I'm being drawn to a bad attitude, and guides me to His love and joy.
  • The promise of Spring. Even though it's snowing in April, it is still April! 
What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment